Some reviews


Why is it so difficult to meet somebody today?


In spite of all the networking possibilities and social media?

If you are Single, Divorced or Widowed and want to get back into the Dating game, if you're looking for that elusive partner, you will be interested to hear how a pro went about it. I was a matchmaker in Ireland and had my own dating agency. I'm sharing my experience and insider views with my readers. For more info see my book's website: www.NextTimeLucky.com!

I had the honor of being asked to come on the local NBC show First Coast Living twice in the last week to give dating advice. If you missed it, you can read all that stuff in my book.



Thursday, November 13, 2014

Dating as Easy as Pie?


One of the big dating sites whose great articles I often promote here, currently has a title up:"Dating is easy as 1,2,3." Really? Ask anybody who has been in the dating trenches lately if they agree?

Then I wondered how can they claim that? I deliberately did not read their article. (Not because I'm afraid of plagiarism.) As a former matchmaker and serial dater myself, I could claim the opposite and have many  story to support this.

Where do you meet somebody? How do you go about it? Does it become more difficult as we grow older? Is online dating the answer? If so, which daring site to subscribe to? How do you write a profile?
When you make the first contacts how to do separate the wheat from the chaff? How do you know people are serious? Do you have a criminal background check done on them?

Then the actual first date? What to wear? Where to meet? Dinner? Coffee? What about security? I never had the impression it was easy. That's why we have matchmakers...to guide you. Even they aren't always successful).

So here is my own personal answer, my take on why is can be easier than you think:
First and  foremost: Are you ready for a new relationship?  (I hear adamant and vehement yeses!) What are your expectations? Are they realistic? 
Now asnwer this: Would you date yourself? Are there things about your appearance, attitude, as well as behavior that could be improved upon? Consult with an impartial person- friends may not give the best advice!)
Do you have an open attitude to new possibilities? Are you willing to leave your comfort zone?
High earners pay big money to head hunters.Why not employ the expertise of a matchmaker? If you decide to go the internet dating route, there are gazillion books to guide you.

My advice to you: Know what you want. Stay true to yourself! But consider my suggestions above.  Next Timel Lucky: How to Find your Mr. Right now offers practical dating tips.

I'm not saying it is easy. But you should make it as easy on yourself as possible.
( I still haven't read that article!)




 and how you can make it easier on yourself!

No comments: